Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Great Grand Dad


Aguinaldo. This is my great grandfather. I have always felt fortunate to have his genes. At an early age, I felt great pride in being a Filipino. A lot of people see him as a lesser hero and even maligned him. Like him, I have always believed that he fought for a ungrateful people. But had he died in battle, a lot of historians say, he could have been the National Hero. Hero or not, no one could ever surpass what he gave this country- the flag, the national anthem, the first constitution, the first armed forces and of course, declaration of independence. It's great to be one of his great grandchildren and as such, I always have this feeling that I have to protect and perpetuate a legacy. Maybe not in politics but through arts...here's an artwork done by me for him...

No comments:

Post a Comment